Progress

Thursday 3 March 2011

Decisions, decisions

I read just recently that there will be the Riga Marathon in 22nd of May. And my great decision is to take part in the 5 kilometer mini-marathon this year.

I have NEVER been able to run very well and NEVER have even attempted running long distances really. But I have been doing physical exercises a lot and have acheaved decent goals in endurance training.

So today I thought, what the hell. I'm going to go out despite the stupid snow and ice covering the sidewalks and despite that it is coldish outside and just try out how far can I get. And I just finished my running that lasted 1 and a half hours. My final result is 8.9 km :D Yay! And I feel totally fine. I could still run longer just I am worried that I might catch a cold or something. That actually shows that I might go for a better faster time result.

It will take a lot of exercising, but I can totally pull it off. And to think that when I was graduating high school, I couldn't run 1.6 km in the stadium. Makes me sort of proud of myself.

I actually wish I could go for the half-marathon, which is 21 km, but I thin that would be a bit too high for me at the moment xD Maybe next year. And after that the full marathon of 42 km. That one sound totally unreal to me at the point. But a lot of people do it.

Anyway. That is just a little something I have decided to do :)

Oh and other thing. I am trying to figure out a way to quit my band. The work with them is going absolutely nowhere. Which is a pity. I thought that it could be promising, but it has gone straight into a dead-end :/ Oh well. You win some, you lose some. I have some way more important things to win anyway.

Sending you skinnies!

2 comments:

  1. I think you can totally run that race! Just keep training.

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for running! That is soooo awesome that you are going to do that race; we all have complete faith in you! Keep up the excellent training!

    ReplyDelete